Monday, October 17

Village The Gathering

Johan burger showing
how its done, with a
hoop.
This weekend we found ourselves at the Village, it was a nice change of pace from standing in Stikland and we were ready for a good party. We planned to leave early the Friday afternoon and we actually did :) After a drive that felt like forever, taking a wrong turn and nearly overshooting the farm....., we arrived. It was around 4pm and I met Philip who showed us where we had to stand.

Our stall at night.
After a chat and a brief chill Michelle and I started with the setup. It took us about an hour or so, beer soon followed and many minutes of relaxing. Friday night was chilled, we found ourselves relaxing hard on our lumo bean bags and before we knew it we had some groovy company, that's what our chill out area is for :)



Michelle doing some kind of disco
inspired move ;)
We got to bed early and slept well after a hard days work. Saterday morning was slow and relaxed, people were starting to arrive now and the party atmosphere was gaining steady momentum. We were set up opposite the camping area so most of the day we just watched other people set up their chill sections and tents. Many new friends were made and some solid connections formed, that's what I love so much about the outdoor trance scene......people are friendly and willing to stop for a chat.



Happiness
Dance floor 
Trading was slow, very slow at a stage I thought we weren't even going to break even and then, we whipped out the smokes. Initially we weren't planning on selling cigarettes but as it turned out we had a couple of boxes in stock because we left straight from our spot in Stikland on Friday afternoon. We started out selling them at R30 a box and slowly pushed it up to R40, I know, thats ridiculous right. Surprisingly nobody really complained and I guess if I were in their position I wouldn't of either, if you want smokes you want smokes and you will pay anything for them.


I jokingly told a women that it was R70 for a box and she started counting her coins...... I kind of felt guilty about it for a little while but I knew that if it wasn't for the profit we were making on the smokes we would of made a huge loss this weekend. So cigarettes saved Morningbru at the Village and I thank all you smokers who were willing to part with your forties for a box.



The village - very awesome!

Truly a lot of hard work went into making this one of the most beautiful setups I have seen, thanks village crew. 


Gernot you FUNNY owe! lol
Tjad  a loyal Morningbru supporter, we found your blanket
dude ;)
Sunday was lekker hot with a light breeze bringing the coolness, by 11: am we were sold out of smokes. I guess I should of gone and bought more because we had about 3 people an hour asking for ciggies the whole of Sunday. So this weekend I learnt that we should stock up hard on smokes because it seems that no one really remembers to bring enough to a party.

Village was great and once again a learning curve, we made it out ok and managed to get enough rest before    work on Monday. Today was the first week of our second month on the new spot and it feels good to know that we have been so consistent with our business venture. More posts to follow on our progress and adventures here at Morningbru. I will leave you with a little experiment I produced at the party, a four minute time lapse video of the view from our stall and some of the amazing people we met at the party...

No comments:

Post a Comment