Monday, May 23

First Morning With The Trailer On The Road

Started out with the Morningbru trailer this morning and made an incredible three sales :)....... It was a good experience and I know that with time this will work. We just need ten to twenty regular customers and we will be sorted. We are standing in a nice spot at the moment where cars can pull over for a cuppa in the morning, at ten rand a cup + a free muffin ~ Ala drive thru coffee ! :)....... going to be flogging the muffins for free!!!!! I mean really can you get a better deal ---- I think not.

Once we pick up with the sales the free muffin deal will be introduced on Mondays ( Monday muffin madness! ) and the rest of the week the price will be R15.00 for the muffin deal... loyalty cards will also become available at a later stage, buy nine get one cup free etc. It's exciting times here at Morningbru and the ideas are flowing nicely.
~The only pic I managed to take~

Michelle and I were sitting in the trailer this morning discussing the future of the concept and we both feel very positive about it all. We decided that selling coffee in this style is very similar to fishing in the sense that you keep trawling and wait for the catch. ~~~~ Here fishy fishy !

We had a bit of trouble with "THE PANCAKE GUY"  The pancake guy has been selling pancakes on the same strip for as long as I can remember and has become a bit of a legend in my town, he makes really really REALLY good pancakes ---  he gave us lip about being there and demanded I move my sign and he wanted to see my papers I even offered him a free cup of LavAzza  but he turned it down saying, and I quote" I make my own coffee". I was disappointed because he had always been so friendly before when I was  scoffing my face with his tasty pancakes, I had to be firm with him to show him that intimidation wont scare Morningbru away and he was treating me like a child so I had to show him that I was infact an adult ---- which paid off because he calmed down and became a little more friendly. Kill them with kindness!! my new motto !!!

Anyway all together it was an entertaining and educational day. We are ready to do it all over again tomorrow with the hope of doubling our sales :)



Have A Great Day
The Morningbru Team

No comments:

Post a Comment